- Microsoft is porting Sysinternals utilities to Linux, starting with ProcDump
As Microsoft continues its push to bring its development tools to Linux, debugging and introspection tools like the SysInternals suite become more and more important.
- A first look at changes coming in ASP.NET Core 3.0
The ASP.NET team is working on the next major release of the platform and will include improved integration with both .NET Core integration and open source frameworks.
- Measuring Performance With Server Timing
Using the Server-Timing header in your application lets you provide instrumentation information that you can then analyze that in your browser's developer tools.
- Analyze your GitHub project for free with Azure DevOps and SonarCloud
Adopting static code analysis tools are a quick way to find problems lurking in your code. SonarCloud offers its excellent analysis tools free for open source projects.
- What’s New for Windows Subsystem for Linux in the Windows 10 October 2018 Update
WSL is one of my favorite tools for developing on Windows, and I'm thrilled about the latest improvements, including WSL support for ARM devices.
- Electron 3 Release Increases Stability Electron
- .NET Core Opinion #6 - Be Wary of GUI Build Tools Testing
- Announcing .NET Standard 2.1 .NET
- R8, the new code shrinker from Google, is available in Android studio 3.3 beta Android
- xUnit–what is it and why another unit testing framework Testing
- GitLab Critical Security Release: 11.4.4, 11.3.9, 11.2.8 Git Security
- Windows Console: CTRL + Scroll to zoom and Dark Theme Scrollbar Windows
- Technology and Friends: Rajasa Savant on Serverless Azure
RJ takes a look at simplifying your deployment with Azure's serverless offerings, including Azure Functions, Logic Apps and Event Grid.
- .NET Rocks: Azure Durable Functions with Maxime Rouiller
The cost model for serverless functions is attractive, but stateless is a big limitation, right? Maybe not - Maxime Rouiller explains Azure Durable Functions.
- The Android Dev Summit app is live! Get ready for November 7-8
Android Dev Summit is happening this week - and if you aren't attending in-person, you can grab the app and watch the entire event, livestreamed.
- NDC London
The NDC family of conferences are some of my favorites, and in January, I'll be in London talking about Git. I hope to see you there!