A big week for mergers - as the GitHub acquisition closes, Red Hat announces a huge acquisition. Will we see more consolidation in the industry - and if so, who's next?
- Pull request successfully merged. Starting build...
Microsoft has cleared the regulatory hurdles and completes its acquisition of GitHub. The new GitHub CEO looks at how he aims to make GitHub better for you, the user.
- IBM to buy Red Hat for $34B in cash and debt, taking a bigger leap into hybrid cloud
In other acquisition news, IBM agrees to acquire Red Hat for a cool $32 billion USD. IBM will be one of the largest employers of contributors and maintainers of open source software, including developer tools.
- Bringing .NET application performance analysis to Linux
With the cross-platform .NET Core runtime, developers have increasingly been deploying to Linux platforms. Thankfully the ecosystem is catching up: there are new performance monitoring tools for .NET on Linux.
- A tour through the OWASP Top 10
October is National Cyber Security Awareness Month, so it's a good time to take a look at the OWASP Top 10 vulnerabilities and to remember to survey your application to mitigate them.
- Physical and Digital tools for Scrum Masters and their teams
We don't just need tools for development, we need them for management and organization. A look at tools - both physical and digital - for managing Scrum teams.