Secure Shellfish provides SSH and SFTP based file transfers right on your iOS device, placing them right in the Files app. It's a clever way to work with your remote files. I'll draw the winners at random from subscribers at the end of the week.
- GitHub: How we built the good first issues feature
Machine learning is getting baked into all the software around us - from credit card applications to airplane scheduling - so it's no surprise that it's landing in our developer tools. GitHub is leveraging maching learning to identify good first issues for new contributors and to help improve the contributions to open source projects.
- .NET everywhere apparently also means Windows 3.11 and DOS
I'm no longer surprised by .NET applications running on platforms that would have been a surprise a decade ago: macOS, Linux, even embedded systems - no problem. But… Windows 3.11? That's shocking - my C code won't even run there anymore - but it works by taking advantage of some clever platform features.
- Mono: A typeface for developers
JetBrains produces a really thoughtful and delightful new monospace font built especially for developers. It's my favorite of the new monospace fonts that have been produced lately, and might just replace Monaco in my terminal. (But a warning for those who don't like code ligatures - and I don't - there's no ligature-free version.)
- How do you pronounce WinDbg? Debugging
- Introduction to Eclipse JKube: Java tooling for Kubernetes and Red Hat OpenShift Java
- Flashing Builds from the Android Open Source Project Android